Vol 5, issue #1 (2020): Sustainable Cultural Heritage Preservation
Cultural heritage is almost absent in the sustainable development goals agendas, although heritage conservation process is already an act of sustainable development that protects and preserves heritage buildings and their intangible values.
Heritage buildings can be the subjects of sustainable design projects that achieve outstanding measures of sustainability and energy efficiency while not compromising the authenticity of the heritage value of the building.
This issue aims to encourage further dialogue, critical reflection and cross-disciplinary collaboration by bringing together examples of interesting projects and research that could provide a practically grounded approach.
The issue also seeks to publish papers with case studies of contribution approaches that render cultural heritage, both physical and non-physical, a stimulus for sustainable development. We welcome papers from a wide range of regulations and specifically encourage research that embraces approaches that go beyond disciplinary boundaries. We are also very keen on experimental ways in which heritage can contribute to achieve Sustainable Development Goals.
IEREK is pleased to invite scholars, researchers, students (undergraduate/postgraduate) that propose interdisciplinary methods and/or concepts to the contribution of cultural heritage to other aspects of sustainable development.
- Importance of Architectural Heritage Conservation and its Contribution to Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Ways to Conserve our Architectural Heritage
- Socio-economics Impact and Environmental Benefits of Architectural Heritage Conservation
- Sustainable Conservation and Development of Heritage Landscape Planning
- Sustainable Materials Used in the Protection of the Heritage Sites
- Sustainability Challenges in Conserving the Architectural Heritage
- Cultural Heritage and its Contribution to Environmental Sustainability areas of Impacts and Analytical Approaches
- The challenges of globalization and/or modernization to heritage sustainability
- The opportunities and challenges of public/community participation in heritage projects for contributing to sustainable management practices covering both intangible and tangible heritage
- Case studies where heritage has/is being actively used to achieve Sustainable Development Goals
- International case studies using technologies to achieve a sustainable conservation to the architectural heritage buildings and sites