Heritage buildings can be the subjects of sustainable design projects that achieve outstanding measures of sustainability and energy efficiency while not compromising the authenticity of the heritage value of the building.
Yet, while heritage conservation process is already an act of sustainable development that protects and preserves heritage buildings and their intangible values, Cultural Heritage Preservation is almost absent in the sustainable development goals agendas.
This ESSD issue aims to encourage further dialogue, critical reflection and cross-disciplinary collaboration by bringing together examples of interesting projects and research that could provide a practically grounded approach.
The issue also seeks to publish papers with case studies of contribution approaches that render cultural heritage, both physical and non-physical, a stimulus for sustainable development. We welcome papers from a wide range of regulations and specifically encourage research that embraces approaches that go beyond disciplinary boundaries. We are also very keen on experimental ways in which heritage can contribute to achieving Sustainable Development Goals.
IEREK is pleased to invite scholars, researchers, students (undergraduate/postgraduate) that propose interdisciplinary methods and/or concepts to the contribution of cultural heritage to other aspects of sustainable development.
Contribution of Heritage Conservation to Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Ways of Conservation
- Socio-Economic Impact and Environmental Benefits of Conservation
- Sustainable Conservation and Development of Heritage Landscape Planning
- Sustainable Materials Used in The Protection of Sites
- Challenges in Conserving Architectural Heritage
- Cultural Heritage and Its Contribution to Sustainability
- Impact and Analytical Approaches
- Challenges of Globalization/Modernization to Heritage Sustainability
- Opportunities and Challenges of Public Participation in Heritage Projects
- Case Studies of Heritage Being Actively Used to Achieve SDGs
- International Case Studies Using Technologies to Conserve Heritage Sites
Surveying Heritage with Affordable Yet Accurate Methods. A Study Case from Arequipa, Peru14 - 24Abstract Views : 873Download :55
Conservation Techniques of Architectural Heritage and Private Property Legal Rights – Case Study Alexandria, Egypt25 - 36Abstract Views : 765Download :59
Sustainable Tourism and Culture: A Symbiotic Relationship54 - 67Abstract Views : 2354Download :80
Adaptive Reuse and Interventions of Chinese Architectural Heritage in the City of Lasem, Indonesia68 - 79Abstract Views : 1237Download :60