Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Already have a Username/Password for Environmental Science & Sustainable Development?
Go to Login
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submitted manuscript has not been previously published and has not been sent to a different publisher for publishing.
You’ve read the journal’s instructions for authors.
- The manuscript file should be submitted in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word format.
All authors have been named on the paper, and the online submission form.
- The text should be single-spaced and the font set to be 10 pt.
All material has been referenced in the text and in the References List clearly and thoroughly, even if it is your own.
You’ve obtained permission to reuse any figures, tables, and data sets if needed.
- In the case of having submitted the manuscript to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the author should double-check having removed author's name and identification from the document.
The article has been checked for proper grammar and spelling.
You’ve notified all the co-authors that the paper has been submitted.
- The Author shall grant to the Publisher and its agents the nonexclusive perpetual right and license to publish, archive, and make accessible the Work in whole or in part in all forms of media now or hereafter known under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License or its equivalent, which, for the avoidance of doubt, allows others to copy, distribute, and transmit the Work under the following conditions:
- Attribution: other users must attribute the Work in the manner specified by the author as indicated on the journal Web site;
With the understanding that the above condition can be waived with permission from the Author and that where the Work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- The Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the Work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), as long as there is provided in the document an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post online a pre-publication manuscript (but not the Publisher's final formatted PDF version of the Work) in institutional repositories or on their Websites prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access). Any such posting made before acceptance and publication of the Work shall be updated upon publication to include a reference to the Publisher-assigned DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and a link to the online abstract for the final published Work in the Journal.
- Upon Publisher's request, the Author agrees to furnish promptly to Publisher, at the Author's own expense, written evidence of the permissions, licenses, and consents for use of third-party material included within the Work, except as determined by Publisher to be covered by the principles of Fair Use.
- The Author represents and warrants that:
- The Work is the Author's original work;
- The Author has not transferred, and will not transfer, exclusive rights in the Work to any third party;
- The Work is not pending review or under consideration by another publisher;
- The Work has not previously been published;
- The Work contains no misrepresentation or infringement of the Work or property of other authors or third parties; and
- The Work contains no libel, invasion of privacy, or other unlawful matter.
- The Author agrees to indemnify and hold Publisher harmless from Author's breach of the representations and warranties contained in Paragraph 7 above, as well as any claim or proceeding relating to Publisher's use and publication of any content contained in the Work, including third-party content.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.Plagiarism Policy
When citing others’ (or your own) previous work, please ensure you have:
- Clearly marked quoted verbatim text ("") from another source with quotation marks.
- Attributed and referenced the source of the quotation clearly using in-text citation and a reference is your bibliography.
- Got approval from an author of another source in case of taking any material from his/her manuscript.
Before you submit, make sure that:
- You've read the journal's “Author Guidelines"
- All authors have been named on the paper, and the online submission form.
- All material has been referenced in the text clearly and thoroughly.
- You've obtained permission to reuse any figures, tables, and data sets.
- You've only submitted the paper to one journal at a time.
- You've notified all the co-authors that the paper has been submitted.