Information we collect:
- Personal information, such as your name, email address, and affiliation, that you provide when you submit a manuscript, register for an account, or sign up for alerts or newsletters.
- Information about your interactions with our content, such as article downloads, citations, and social media shares.
How we use your information:
- To process and publish your manuscript, and to communicate with you about the status of your submission.
- To send you alerts, newsletters, and promotional messages that you have requested or consented to receive.
- To analyze and improve our website and services, and to understand how our content is used and shared.
How we protect your information:
- We use industry-standard security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
- We restrict access to your personal information to authorized personnel who need to use it for the purposes described in this policy.
- We retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this policy.
Crossmark Policy: ESSD participates in the Crossmark service, which is a multi-publisher initiative that provides a standard way for readers to locate the current version of an article. When you see the Crossmark logo on an article, you can click on it to see the status of the article and any updates that may have been made to it. We use Crossmark to provide a reliable way for readers to access the most up-to-date and accurate version of our content.
To ensure that the academic record is kept accurate and whole, guidelines based on current best practices in scholarly publishing and library circles will be employed when it becomes necessary to make corrections or retractions to published content. For a more comprehensive overview, please review our publication ethics page.
Contact us: If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, or about how we handle your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].