Full text article
Alarming Plastic Waste in Seafood Exploitation. [online] https://vtv.vn/vtv8/bao-dong-rac-thai-nhua-trong-hai- san-khai-thac-20181105110515745.htm (accessed 25 May 2019)
Di Beneditto APM, Awabdi DR. 2014 How marine debris ingestion differs among megafauna species in a tropical coastal area. Marine Pollution Bulletin 88:86-90
Environmental Officials: Lack and Weakness. [online] https://baotainguyenmoitruong.vn/moi-truong/can-bo- moi-truong-thieu-va-yeu-1151991.html (accessed 5 June 2019)
Financial Times, the Organ of the Finance Ministry (2018) General Review of Scrap Import Activities [online] http://thoibaotaichinhViet Nam.vn/pages/nhip-song-tai-chinh/2018-07-31/tong-ra-soat-hoat-dong-nhap-khau- phe-lieu-60491.aspx (accessed 8 April 2019)
Financial Times, the Organ of the Finance Ministry. (2019) Strictly Controlling Scrap Import, [online] http://thoibaotaichinhViet Nam.vn/pages/nhip-song-tai-chinh/2019-01-29/kiem-soat-chat-che-phe-lieu-nhap- khau-67257.aspx (accessed 20 May 2019)
General Statistics Office of Viet Nam, 2017 [online] https://www.gso.gov.vn/default.aspx?tabid=720 (accessed 9 July 2019)
General Statistics Office of Viet Nam, Viet Nam Socio-economic Status in 2018 [online] https://www.gso.gov.vn/default.aspx?tabid=621&ItemID=19037 (accessed 20 June 2019)
Government of Viet Nam (GOV), (2019), Resolution No.09/NQ-CP dated on 03 February 2019 issued by the Government on Regular Government Meeting in January 2019
Government of Viet Nam (GOV) (2012) the Decree No.69/ND-CP, dated on 14 September 2012, issued by the Government, on Amending and Supplementing Clause 3 Article 2 of the Government's Decree No. 67/2011/ND-CP dated August 08, 2011, Detailing and Guiding the Implementation of a Number of Articles of the Law on Environmental Protection Tax.
Government of Viet Nam (GOV) (2013), Decision No. 582/QD-TTg dated April 11, 2013, on approval of Program on enhancing environmental pollution control by using non-biodegradable plastic bags in daily life.
Government of Viet Nam (GOV) (2015a) Decree No. 111/2015/ND-CP dated November 3, 2015, issued by the Government, on supporting industry development, Appendix.
Government of Viet Nam (GOV). (2015b) Decree No.155/2015/ND-CP dated on 18 November 2015, issued by the Government, to Provide for Penalties for Administrative Violations against Regulations on Environmental Protection.
Government of Viet Nam (GOV). (2015c) Decree No.19/2015/ND-CP dated on 14 February 2015, issued by the Government, on Detailing the Implementation of a Number of Articles of the Law on Environmental Protection.
Government of Viet Nam (GOV). (2015d) the Decree No.118/ND-CP, dated on 12 November 2015, issued by the Government, to Provide Guidelines for some Articles of the Law on Investment, Appendix I, Section B, Subsection I, Point 6.
Government of Viet Nam (GOV). (2017) Summary Report and Assessment of the Implementation of the Law on Environmental Protection Tax. [online] http://duthaoonline.quochoi.vn/DuThao/Lists/DT_DUTHAO_LUAT/View_Detail.aspx?ItemID=1310&TabIndex=2
Hall NM, Barry KL, Rintoul L, Hoogenboom MO. 2015. Microplastic ingestion by scleractiniam corals. Marine Biology 162:725-732
Hankins C, Duffy A, Drisco K. 2018. Scleractinian coral microplastic ingestion: Potential calcification effects, size limits, and retention. Marine Pollution Bulletin 135:587-593.
Hoang Van Thus. (2019) ‘Domestic Waste Management in Viet Nam’. Paper Presented at the Management Model and Technology for Domestic Solid Waste Treatment Conference, organized by the MONRE, 7 May 2019, Ha Noi, Viet Nam.
Hoang Tan (2019), Cat Hai (Hai Phong) implements many activities to reduce plastic waste and plastic bags, available at website: https://dangcongsan.vn/xa-hoi/cat-hai-hai-phong-trien-khai-nhieu-hoat-dong-giam-thieu-rac-thai-nhua-va-tui-nilon-534230.html
Jambeck, J.R., Andrady, A., Geyer, R., Narayan, R., Perryman, M., Siegler, T., Wilcox, C., Lavender Law, K., (2015). Plastic waste inputs from land into the ocean, Science, 347, p. 768-771.
Kien Duong. (2018) Viet Nam Plastic Industry and the Problems Depending on Raw Materials, [online] https://Viet Nambiz.vn/nganh-nhua-viet-nam-va-bai-toan-phu-thuoc-nguon-nguyen-lieu-51660.htm (accessed 5 April 2019)
Ministry of Industry and Trade. (2011) Decision No. 2992/QD-BCT dated June 17, 2011, issued by Minister of Industry and Trade, approving the Planning on Development of Viet Nam Plastic Industry to 2020, with a vision to 2025.
Lamb JB, Willis BL, Florenza EA, Couch CS, Howard R, Rader DN, True JD, Kelly LA, Ahmad A, Jompa J, Harvell CD. 2018. Plastic Water associated with Disease on Coral Reefs. Science 359:460-462.
Ministry of Construction. (2017) Overview of Solid Waste in Viet Nam, the Capacity Building Project on Integrated Management of Urban Solid Waste in Viet Nam, Carried out by the Department of Technical Infrastructure - Ministry of Construction and Japan Development Cooperation.
Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE). (2016) Decision No.2311/QD-BTNMT dated on 28 September 2017 issued by the Minister of MONRE on Approval and Declaration of the Result of Land Area Statistics in 2016.
MONRE. (2015) Viet Nam State of Environment Report in the period of 2011 – 2015 [online] http://cem.gov.vn/Portals/0/2016/TinBai/Phan%20dau.pdf (accessed 25 December 2018), pp 67.
MONRE. (2016) Document of the Project on "Building the National Database on Monitoring Natural Resources and Environment"
MONRE. (2016) Document of the Project on "Strengthening Organizational Structure and Enhancing Capacity for Officials being in Charge of Environmental Management from the Central to Local Levels in the period of 2016 - 2020, with a vision to 2030"
MONRE. (2017) Viet Nam State of Environment Report in 2017 – Thematic Report: Waste Management [online] http://ceid.gov.vn/bao-cao-chuyen-de-ve-moi-truong-quoc-gia-nam-2017-chuyen-de-quan-ly-chat-thai/ (accessed 4 April 2019), pp 38
MONRE. (2018) Summary Report on Inspection, Examination and Settlement of Complaints and Denunciations in 2017
Nelm SE, Duncan EM, Broderick AC, Galloway TS, Godfrey MH, Hamann M, Lindeque PK, Godley BJ. 2015. Plastic and marine turtles: a review and call for research. ICES Journal of Marine Science 73, 165-181.
Nhan Dan Online, the Central Organ of The Communist Party of Viet Nam. (2019) Drastically Releasing Undeclared Scrap Containers at Seaports [online] https://www.nhandan.com.vn/kinhte/item/39066402-quyet- liet-giai-phong-phe-lieu-ton-dong-tai-cac-cang-bien.html (accessed 3 May 2019)
Ngoc Han (2020), Waste Treatment Plant for Energy Recovery incineration in Can Tho province is Confirmed to have Completed the Environmental Protection Conditions, available at website of Ministry of Industy and Trade of Viet Nam: https://www.moit.gov.vn/web/guest/tin-chi-tiet/-/chi-tiet/nha-may-đot-rac-phat-đien-can-tho-đuoc-xac-nhan-hoan-thanh-cong-trinh-bao-ve-moi-truong-20422-129.html
Nguyen Hoang Nam and Nguyen Trong Hanh (2019), Implementing Circular Economy: International Experience and Policy Implications for Vietnam, VNU Journal of Science: Economics and Business, 35(4) (2019), 68-81
Rochman CM, Tahir A, Williams SL, Baxa DV, Lam R, Miller JT, The F, Werorilangi S, The SJ. 2015. Anthropogenic debris in seafood: Plastic debris and fibers from textiles in fish and bivalves sold for human consumption. Sci Rep 5:14340.
Summary of the Campaign 'Let's Clean the Sea' [online] https://baomoi.com/tong-ket-chuong-trinh-hay-lam- sach-bien-nam-2018/c/28096599.epi (accessed 4 May 2019)
The Paradox of Friendly Plastic Bags. [online] https://baotainguyenmoitruong.vn/moi-truong/nghich-ly-tui-ni- long-than-thien-1259884.html (accessed 6 June 2019)
The World Bank. (2018) Assessing the Management of Domestic Solid Waste and Hazardous Industrial Solid Waste: Options and Actions to Implement the National Strategy
Tuoi Tre Paper. (2018) Plastic Waste Disposal into the Sea: White Pollution, No 275/2018
Viet Nam Government Portal. (2018) Some Information about Viet Nam Geography [online]. http://chinhphu.vn/portal/page/portal/chinhphu/NuocCHXHCNViet Nam/ThongTinTongHop/dialy (accessed 4 April 2019)
Viet Nam National Assembly (2014) Law on Environmental Protection 2014, Clause 4 Article 107
Viet Nam National Assembly Standing Committee. (2018) Resolution No. 579/ 2018 / UBTVQH14, dated on 26 September 2018, issued by Viet Nam National Assembly Standing Committee, on the Environmental Protection Tariff.
Viet Nam Environment Administration (VEA), 2018, Plastic Waste and Nylon Management in Viet Nam. Paper Presented by Representative of the Viet Nam Environment Administration, at the Conference on “Policies, Technology and Treatment of Plastic Waste Treatment,” organized by the MONRE, 12 November 2018, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Viet Nam National Administration of Tourism, Statistic Data [online] http://Viet Namtourism.gov.vn/index.php/items/13460 (accessed 4 July 2019)
Viet Nam Plastics Association (VPA). (2015) General Plastic Industry Report, [online] http://vpas.vn/gioi- thieu/tong-quan-nganh.html (accessed 15 April 2019).
UNEP (2018), Single-Use Plastic: A Roadmap for Sustainability, (Rev. ed., pp. vi; 6).
Wilcox C, Puckridge M, Schuyler QA, Townsend K, Hardesty BD. 2018. A quantative analysis linking sea turtle mortality and plastic debris ingestion. Sci Rep 8:12536.
WWF-Viet Nam. (2018) Report on Baseline Study on Status and Solid waste management focus on Plastic Waste in Phu Quoc, with financial support from WWF and USAID, WWF-Viet Nam to study on "Reducing Plastic Waste in Phu Quoc."
Copyright (c) 2021 International Journal of Environmental Science & Sustainable Development
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- The Author shall grant to the Publisher and its agents the nonexclusive perpetual right and license to publish, archive, and make accessible the Work in whole or in part in all forms of media now or hereafter known under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License or its equivalent, which, for the avoidance of doubt, allows others to copy, distribute, and transmit the Work under the following conditions:
- Attribution: other users must attribute the Work in the manner specified by the author as indicated on the journal Web site;
With the understanding that the above condition can be waived with permission from the Author and that where the Work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- The Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the Work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), as long as there is provided in the document an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post online a pre-publication manuscript (but not the Publisher's final formatted PDF version of the Work) in institutional repositories or on their Websites prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access). Any such posting made before acceptance and publication of the Work shall be updated upon publication to include a reference to the Publisher-assigned DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and a link to the online abstract for the final published Work in the Journal.
- Upon Publisher's request, the Author agrees to furnish promptly to Publisher, at the Author's own expense, written evidence of the permissions, licenses, and consents for use of third-party material included within the Work, except as determined by Publisher to be covered by the principles of Fair Use.
- The Author represents and warrants that:
- The Work is the Author's original work;
- The Author has not transferred, and will not transfer, exclusive rights in the Work to any third party;
- The Work is not pending review or under consideration by another publisher;
- The Work has not previously been published;
- The Work contains no misrepresentation or infringement of the Work or property of other authors or third parties; and
- The Work contains no libel, invasion of privacy, or other unlawful matter.
- The Author agrees to indemnify and hold Publisher harmless from Author's breach of the representations and warranties contained in Paragraph 7 above, as well as any claim or proceeding relating to Publisher's use and publication of any content contained in the Work, including third-party content.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.