Full text article
Dowall, D. E., & Clarke, G. (2018). A framework for reforming urban land policies in developing countries. Washington, DC. USA.
A.E, T. (2017). The Impact of Urban Expansion on Agricultural Land and Crop Output in Ankpa, Kogi State, Nigeria. Landscape Architecture, 1(1), 1. https://doi.org/10.31058/j.la.2017.11001
Al Tarawneh, W. M. (2014). Urban Sprawl on Agricultural Land (Literature Survey of Causes, Effects, Relationship with Land-use Planning and Environment) A Case Study from Jordan (Shihan Municipality Areas). . Journal of Environmental and Earth Science.
ARAZI, A. L. A. (2007). (rep.). Afghanistan national land policy. Kabul.
ARAZI, A. L. A. (2017). (rep.). National Land Policy. 2016. Approved by Cabinet of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Kabul.
Cowell, S. J. (1995). Changes in Land Use and Land Cover: A Global Perspective. Global Environmental Change, 5(2), 161–162. https://doi.org/10.1016/0959-3780(95)90051-9
CRIDA, C. R. I. D. A. (2016). (rep.). Land readjustment report of Yakatoot area. Kabul. Kabul.
FAO-UN. (2013). Home. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. http://www.fao.org/home/en/.
FHCRAA & USID. (2009). (rep.). Agriculture in Afghanistan. Kabul.
Glaeser, E., Gyourko, J., & Saks, R. (2003). Why is Manhattan So Expensive? Regulation and the Rise in House Prices. https://doi.org/10.3386/w10124
Han, W., Zhang, X., & Zheng, X. (2020). Land use regulation and urban land value: Evidence from China. Land Use Policy, 92, 104432. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landusepol.2019.104432
Hidayat, O., & Kajita, Y. (2019). Land Use Management and Urban Land Expansion in Kabul: A Case Study of Rapid Urbanization. Current Urban Studies, 07(02), 193–205. https://doi.org/10.4236/cus.2019.72009
Jiang, L., Deng, X., & Seto, K. C. (2013). The impact of urban expansion on agricultural land use intensity in China. Land Use Policy, 35, 33–39. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landusepol.2013.04.011
JICA and DCDA, M. of U. D. J. I. C. A. , D. C. D. A. (2009). (rep.). . Kabul Metropolitan Area Urban Development Master plan.
Jin, G., Li, Z., Wang, Z., Chu, X., & Li, Z. (2015). Impact of land-use induced changes on agricultural productivity in the Huang-Huai-Hai River Basin. Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, Parts A/B/C, 79-82, 86–92. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pce.2015.01.005
Krishnan, S., Nandwani, D., Smith, G., & Kankarta, V. (2016). Sustainable Urban Agriculture: A Growing Solution to Urban Food Deserts. Sustainable Development and Biodiversity, 325–340. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-26803-3_15
L. Planet. (2019, September 7). Kabul travel. Lonely Planet. https://www.lonelyplanet.com/afghanistan/kabul.
Martellozzo, F., Amato, F., Murgante, B., & Clarke, K. C. (2018). Modelling the impact of urban growth on agriculture and natural land in Italy to 2030. Applied Geography, 91, 156–167. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apgeog.2017.12.004
Martinez, J. R. (2013). (rep.). Urban Agriculture in Delhi: (pp. 8–12). Delhi.
Najmuddin, O., Deng, X., & Bhattacharya, R. (2018). The Dynamics of Land Use/Cover and the Statistical Assessment of Cropland Change Drivers in the Kabul River Basin, Afghanistan. Sustainability, 10(2), 423. https://doi.org/10.3390/su10020423
NIEMAND, B. E. R. N. A. R. D. (n.d.). TRANSFORMATION OF AGRICULTURAL AND UNDEVELOPED LAND IN THE ... https://scholar.sun.ac.za/bitstream/handle/10019.1/6776/niemand_transformation_2011.pdf;sequence=1.
Orsini, F., Kahane, R., Nono-Womdim, R., & Gianquinto, G. (2013). Urban agriculture in the developing world: a review. Agronomy for Sustainable Development, 33(4), 695–720. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13593-013-0143-z
Polasky, S., Nelson, E., Pennington, D., & Johnson, K. A. (2010). The Impact of Land-Use Change on Ecosystem Services, Biodiversity and Returns to Landowners: A Case Study in the State of Minnesota. Environmental and Resource Economics, 48(2), 219–242. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10640-010-9407-0
Rooyen, C. van, & Langer, L. (n.d.). What are the impacts of urban agriculture programs on food security in low and middle-income countries: a systematic review. Academia.edu. https://www.academia.edu/9994077/What_are_the_impacts_of_urban_agriculture_programs_on_food_security_in_low_and_middle_income_countries_a_systematic_review.
Soja, E. W., & Kanai, J. M. (2021). 10 The Urbanization of the World. Implosions /Explosions, 138–159. https://doi.org/10.1515/9783868598933-011
UN-Habitat, & Unhabitat. (n.d.). UN-Habitat Global Country Activities Report 2015 - Increasing Synergy for Greater National Ownership. Issuu. https://issuu.com/unhabitat/docs/habitat_global_activties_2015.
UNAMA. (2015, December 14). UNAMA releases report on Afghan land distribution. UNAMA. https://unama.unmissions.org/unama-releases-report-afghan-land-distribution.
UNFCCC. (2018). Land-use, land-use change, and forestry: Glossary of climate change acronyms. https://unfccc.int/sites/default/files/resource/Database_Mapping_Activity%209_updated%20on%20130920.xls.
UNITED NATIONS. (2021). Sustainable Development Goals .:. Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform. United Nations. https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/?menu=1300.
USAID. (2019, July 15). Agriculture: Afghanistan. U.S. Agency for International Development. https://www.usaid.gov/afghanistan/agriculture.
Wang, M., & Sun, X. (2016). Potential impact of land use change on ecosystem services in China. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 188(4). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10661-016-5245-z
Worku, G. (2020). The Impacts of Urban Expansion on Livelihoods of the Surrounding Rural Society: The Case of Tefki Town, Oromia Special Zone Surrounding Finfinne. Asian Journal of Humanities and Social Studies, 8(6). https://doi.org/10.24203/ajhss.v8i6.6251
Worldbank. (n.d.). Environmental and Social Management Framework for ... http://documents1.worldbank.org/curated/en/715811468180886241/pdf/E25860EA0P12031Framework1appraisal.pdf.
Wu, J. J. (n.d.). Land Use Changes: Economic, Social, and Environmental Impacts. https://www.choicesmagazine.org/UserFiles/file/article_49.pdf.
Mcdougall, R., Rader, R., & Kristiansen, P. (2020). Urban agriculture could provide 15% of food supply to Sydney, Australia, under expanded land use scenarios. Land Use Policy, 94, 104554.
Copyright (c) 2021 International Journal of Environmental Science & Sustainable Development
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- The Author shall grant to the Publisher and its agents the nonexclusive perpetual right and license to publish, archive, and make accessible the Work in whole or in part in all forms of media now or hereafter known under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License or its equivalent, which, for the avoidance of doubt, allows others to copy, distribute, and transmit the Work under the following conditions:
- Attribution: other users must attribute the Work in the manner specified by the author as indicated on the journal Web site;
With the understanding that the above condition can be waived with permission from the Author and that where the Work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- The Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the Work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), as long as there is provided in the document an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post online a pre-publication manuscript (but not the Publisher's final formatted PDF version of the Work) in institutional repositories or on their Websites prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access). Any such posting made before acceptance and publication of the Work shall be updated upon publication to include a reference to the Publisher-assigned DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and a link to the online abstract for the final published Work in the Journal.
- Upon Publisher's request, the Author agrees to furnish promptly to Publisher, at the Author's own expense, written evidence of the permissions, licenses, and consents for use of third-party material included within the Work, except as determined by Publisher to be covered by the principles of Fair Use.
- The Author represents and warrants that:
- The Work is the Author's original work;
- The Author has not transferred, and will not transfer, exclusive rights in the Work to any third party;
- The Work is not pending review or under consideration by another publisher;
- The Work has not previously been published;
- The Work contains no misrepresentation or infringement of the Work or property of other authors or third parties; and
- The Work contains no libel, invasion of privacy, or other unlawful matter.
- The Author agrees to indemnify and hold Publisher harmless from Author's breach of the representations and warranties contained in Paragraph 7 above, as well as any claim or proceeding relating to Publisher's use and publication of any content contained in the Work, including third-party content.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.