Overall Framework of the Foundations and Pillars of Sustainable Development for Local Communities
Keywords:Sustainable local communities, Sustainability foundations and pillars, Local communities models
AbstractEgypt as a developing country aims to promote sustainability among its various sectors. Noticing the need for promoting better life among local communities, as the corner stone for promoting sustainable development, the government has initiated a number of private and public attempts that aimed for utilizing the local communities as a catalyst for promoting sustainability. After 3 decades of real attempts for promoting local sustainability approaches most of the attempts has failed to achieve its objectives. The research aims to introduce an innovative practical approach that would have the ability to overcome the defined deficiencies of the existing approaches and to practically promote sustainability among local communities. The research methodology will depend on an analytical comparative analysis of the existing sustainability local communities frameworks based on which the deficiency and contributions of the current situation can be defined. Then based on theoretical analysis the research is to innovate and introduce a new approach for promoting local sustainable communities, ’Foundation and Pillars for Sustainable local communities’ (FPSLC). The developed framework was then applied to Damietta Governorate as a case study where it was tested and proven. The research developed frame work is requested by the development agencies in Egypt to enable the achievement outputs and result of this research can be summarized in the formulation of the conceptual framework for sustainable development and mechanisms leading to realizing self sufficiency within the competitive industries through the introduced pillars of development.
Questionnaire, 25 (Parties in Damietta october 20, 2017).
AUFSD. ( 2017, October 20). www.aufsd.com. Retrieved October 2017, 2017, from www.aufsd.com.
AUFSD. (2014). Association for the Upgrading Furniture Sector in Domietta. Domietta: Association for
the Upgrading Furniture Sector in Domietta.
Elbangay, A. (2016, April 7). Damietta the largest in the world in the manufacture of furniture ».. Dream is not impossible. ElAharam Economic, pp. 3-4.
Galad, E. (2014, setemper 15). Factors affecting the furniture industry and the role of the new city of
Damietta. (r. Galal, Interviewer)
Gouvernorate, I. C. (2017, september 18). Furniture exports to Damietta Governorate. Damietta, Damietta Gouvernorate, Delta region.
Hamed ElMosely, Hamdy Mosa, Nabil Moskos. (2010). Independent Dervelopment: AGlimpse of Hope.
Cairo: Coptic Anglican Organization for Social Services.
Office, E. E. (2015). Master Plan of Furniture city. Cairo: Industrial Development Authority.
Planning, G. A. (1996). Regional Plan of Damietta. Cairo: General Authority of Urban Planning.
Planning, G. A. (2015). Stratigical Regional Plan of Damietta Governorate. Cairo: General Authority of
How to Cite
- The Author shall grant to the Publisher and its agents the nonexclusive perpetual right and license to publish, archive, and make accessible the Work in whole or in part in all forms of media now or hereafter known under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License or its equivalent, which, for the avoidance of doubt, allows others to copy, distribute, and transmit the Work under the following conditions:
- Attribution: other users must attribute the Work in the manner specified by the author as indicated on the journal Web site;
With the understanding that the above condition can be waived with permission from the Author and that where the Work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- The Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the Work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), as long as there is provided in the document an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post online a pre-publication manuscript (but not the Publisher's final formatted PDF version of the Work) in institutional repositories or on their Websites prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access). Any such posting made before acceptance and publication of the Work shall be updated upon publication to include a reference to the Publisher-assigned DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and a link to the online abstract for the final published Work in the Journal.
- Upon Publisher's request, the Author agrees to furnish promptly to Publisher, at the Author's own expense, written evidence of the permissions, licenses, and consents for use of third-party material included within the Work, except as determined by Publisher to be covered by the principles of Fair Use.
- The Author represents and warrants that:
- The Work is the Author's original work;
- The Author has not transferred, and will not transfer, exclusive rights in the Work to any third party;
- The Work is not pending review or under consideration by another publisher;
- The Work has not previously been published;
- The Work contains no misrepresentation or infringement of the Work or property of other authors or third parties; and
- The Work contains no libel, invasion of privacy, or other unlawful matter.
- The Author agrees to indemnify and hold Publisher harmless from Author's breach of the representations and warranties contained in Paragraph 7 above, as well as any claim or proceeding relating to Publisher's use and publication of any content contained in the Work, including third-party content.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.