This special issue on "Material Perspectives: Exploring the Transition from Fossil Fuels to Sustainable Energy Systems." addresses climate change and move towards a sustainable future, the transition from fossil fuels to renewable and clean energy sources has become an essential global priority. This special issue aims to shed light on the complex process of this transition by examining it through the lens of materials science and engineering.
The shift from fossil fuels to sustainable energy systems involves a fundamental transformation in the materials we use to generate, store, and distribute energy. It requires rethinking and innovating across multiple sectors, including energy generation, storage, transmission, and utilization. The selection and development of suitable materials play a crucial role in achieving efficiency, reliability, and long-term sustainability in these systems.
This special issue welcomes a collection of articles that explore the diverse aspects of this transition from a material perspective. It delves into the latest advancements in materials science and engineering, highlighting their potential to revolutionize the energy landscape. From novel materials for photovoltaics and energy storage to advanced materials for power grids and sustainable mobility, this special issue covers a wide range of topics, including the design and synthesis of new materials, characterization techniques, manufacturing processes, and the integration of materials into energy systems, it discusses the following topics:
- Renewable Energy Resources, Energy security, and Energy Nexus.
- Energy Storage and the Production through Organic Chemical reaction.
- Low-Carbon Design Process in Sustainable Creative Industry.
- Optimization of Composite Photocatalysts for Solid Waste Decomposition.
- Environmental Impacts: Design Solutions for Thermal Comfort in Building Envelope.
- Technological Innovations on Fuel Cell Fabrication.
- Materials and Manufacturing: Catalysts for Low-Cost Material Used in Fuel Cells.
- Advanced Materials for Power Grids and Sustainable Mobility.
Submission deadline: 15th of August 2023
Publication date: 30th of September 2023